Welcome back to campus for the 2015-2016 academic year! The UCS staff has been busy this summer planning for the year and lining up opportunities for students to learn about career fields, connect with employers and develop skills useful to find a job, internship, or grad school path. Here are nine ways we can help you this year:
9. Individual appointments – schedule online or call 919-962-6507.
8. Workshops– see the calendar for a list of these opportunities
7. Job and Internship Expos – we will offer more than ten job fairs this year focusing on a variety of fields. Visit the calendar for the event list.
6. Drop-ins – meet with a counselor for a quick question or resume/letter critique. Offered Mondays through Fridays 1-4pm in Hanes Hall. No appointment necessary.
5. Satellite locations – support is offered across campus through our Senior Assistant Directors who support Computer Science, Honors, Public Health, and Undergraduate Business. We also have a counselor located in the Hardin Hub with Academic Advising.
4. Online Resources – there is a wealth of resources on our webpage, from career exploration links to skill building resources. See http://careers.unc.edu/students to get started.
3. Pre-Grad Advising – If you’re considering grad school, be sure to connect with the pre-grad advising resources at UCS.
2. Part-time employment – need a part-time job to help pay for your expenses? Check out our Earn as You Learn resources online.
1. Careerolina – UNC’s online database of jobs and internships. Register with this system and update your information annually to get access to opportunities for Carolina students and recent graduates.
Services are available for students at all academic levels and any discipline (or undecided). Hope to see you soon!!