As we approach the spring, many of us are thinking about our summer plans. This week, I have some tips for everyone regarding summer plans.
- Think about doing something worthwhile this summer. While it is tempting, do not waste a summer away by binge-watching Netflix.
- Think about what you can do this summer that will be beneficial to you? Whether that be through school, studying abroad, or jumpstarting your career.
- For those of you behind in hours or on the edge, I would consider taking summer classes. Summer classes are a great opportunity to catch up, stay on track or even get ahead.
- As a first year student or sophomore, the summer is also a great time to study abroad, especially if you are unable to do so during the semester. Studying abroad is a great, fun experience that can also be very educational.
- Lastly, for those of you who are caught up and are focusing on your future after college, I would suggest getting an internship. Use resources such as Careerolina to begin your internship search.
UNC-CH UCS Career Peer
School of Media and Journalism firstname.lastname@example.org