At UCS, we are eager to work with graduate and professional students no matter where you are in your program or what industry sector you wish to pursue. We offer many ways to support you, including:
- Opportunities to evaluate your values, interests, personality, and skills as they relate to your career decision making process.
- Information on career fields and employment sectors.
- Ideas and resources for gaining experience, through internships, part-time positions, or student activities.
- Skill building around job search techniques like resume/CV and cover letter writing, networking, interviewing, salary negotiation, and job seeking resources.
- Connections to employers through networking events, job fairs, and special programs.
We encourage you to visit us in Hanes Hall and explore our specialized resources for grad students, including:
- Versatile PhD
- Career Symposium for Graduate Students and Postdoctoral Scholars – October 10
- NC Master’s/PhD Career Fair – November 17
- Workshops at UCS and through the Graduate School